Friday, February 3, 2012

The NEW and NOT SO IMPROVED Texas State Test: STAAR (they couldn't even come up with an acronym that makes sense in the English language stAAr..REALLY?!))

My Dearest Texas Education Agency,

This may come as a surprise to you, but I do not like you. I do not like the emphasis you put on standardized tests; I do no like the stress you cause the students, teachers and other educational faculty to endure; and I do not like that you "trickle information down". Imagine going into surgery and that your surgeon does not have the proper information about your condition..therefore your leg is removed instead of getting your new healthy organ...THAT WOULD NOT FLY! This is the EXACT situation you are placing teachers in when you do not provide ALL THE NEEDED INFORMATION! But--I have good news. I am a fighter and YOU WILL NOT BEAT ME! So here's to the challenge. I AM BETTER, STRONGER, & MORE FIERY THAN YOU--and SO ARE ALL MY GOONIES! (They just may not know it yet...)

Thanks for nothing,
Mrs. ABC

No comments:

Post a Comment