Saturday, February 4, 2012

Kids say the darndest things....

Over the last few years, I have heard some remarkable things being said by my students.  I would like to share a few of them with you.

1. When asked what the plural of woman is the response was "ladies".  :)

2. When sitting in class and saying I could/should be famous.  I would do well in the spotlight, and making lots of money.  The students agreed and ONE lovely boys says, "Mrs. ABC, you should be the cat-whisperer.  You would be really good!" HAHA!  I have a tendency to agree with him!

3.When reviewing for the test on the I before E rule, I hear a students say, "It's I before E and something about a neighborhood."  After a few seconds he realized he wouldn't get it, so he shrugged his shoulders in defeat and sat down.  HE DID JUST FINE ON THE TEST!

4.  One day while suffering through a migraine in the middle of class, my kids detected something was wrong and began whispering their answers to me.  Class continued just fine, and the next day they were whispering until I told them I was fine.  Maybe I should have played that one out a little longer.  :)

5. During the middle of class, all the students are working silently, rating their essays with the STAAR rubric, and a student blurts out, "I have mood problems.  I have to take pills for them.  They are $110." Just like that the student was back to work as the rest of the class and I stared at each other in wonder.  I just shook my head and motioned for them to get back to work.  Nothing was ever said again until the end of class, and that student had no idea we were bewildered.  

There were many more to write, but they have slipped my mind.  I will have to add them later!

The life and times of Mrs. ABC!

No comments:

Post a Comment