Saturday, July 14, 2012

New Journey: 8th grade English

I have taught 7th grade English for three years, and every year, I have asked to be moved to 8th grade.  Clearly, I have NEVER been moved.  This week, I got a call from my principal saying that I was being moved to 8th grade for the coming school year.  I was so shocked, it took me a couple of hours to really comprehend this new journey.  


I have wanted to move for so long, and now I am worried, I will not like it, or I will not be a good teacher.  


However!  I remember that my calling is to teach.  If I can teach MATH to kiddos (and I can....it has been successfully done) then I can teach 8th grade ENGLISH without a hitch.

Okay, maybe their will be a hitch or two, but that is the true test of a good teacher....can s/he adapt fairly quickly and seemingly without a hitch when needed??  There have not been many hitches that have stumped me along the way, and I do not expect any for this coming school year.  


I am sad to leave my team and my 7th grade Writing department, BUT I am thrilled to not have to teach Writing EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE....okay every single day of the school year only....

Father, 


As I approach this school year, and I have some repeat students since I am moving up to the 8th grade and so are they....please help me start with a clean slate with them and help them start with a clean slate with me. We all need to have a successful year, and we need to make sure that we do not hold any preconceived ideas or grudges about each other...I thank you for this wonderful opportunity, and I thank you for allowing me to better my teaching strategies and abilities with this new challenge.  I am looking forward to this new journey.  Please equip me with the wisdom, strength, compassion, and love I will need to be a successful teacher AGAIN this school year.  


In Jesus' name, amen.


Mrs. ABC

No comments:

Post a Comment